Monday 3 March 2014

Decisions, Decisions. I Don't Want Them!!

So we're into March now which means another month beginning with our incredible son, James, and another month closer to the wedding. The wedding for which there has been more or less nothing arranged since the first few days. I think it might now be time to start worrying.

There have been a few bumps in the road that have prevented the meticulous planning and the extremely admirable saving. One being that we are us and it is not in either of our personalities to be so careful or organised; our lives have also thrown huge curve balls in our way too, with my quitting university and a baby but I think the massive reason why nothing has really been done is decisions.

I'm not a chooser as such, I look at one option, like it, and go for it without considering the rest. Maybe this means I miss out on another path which could be better, personally I think all paths are ultimately the same, it's our interpretation that makes them good or bad. I was like this when it came to going to university, the first one I visited was the one I went for with no other university or course option and in a way it's the same with everything, I see the first one I like and I don't think about the rest.

Will is different though. He likes to look at all the options and pick 'the best one' (just a fancy way of saying the cheapest) so far the only real thing we have managed to do other than pick out the date (which I did the day he asked me to marry him) and  book the church and reception venue is change the later! His mum keeps mentioning bunting but right now it isn't a priority really and at this stage I think it should be. All I want is a nice, simple cheap wedding were everyone leaves feeling happy.

I don't want to pick a time! I don't want to make a decision on what colour dress my bridesmaids will wear and how I will wear my hair. I want to have the dress in my head there for me, not have to decide on which one is the closest to it. I really don't care about most of it to be honest, I just want to get married!!

Over the next few months I think I'll try and do a wedding-related blog fortnightly maybe I will finally pull my finger out and get the wedding organised. First step is getting Will to pull out my baptism certificate so I can get that sent off!


No comments:

Post a Comment